My contribution

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 20:56:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 2:17 AM, Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trolltech has been sold to Nokia. Nokia fights against html5. The
> rotten -- guess what this icon is -- interface seems accepted
> without question, but I'd bet they've lost most of their user base.
> They certainly lost me... and Linus Torvalds :) What will those
> developers be developing for next? Windows free software? OS X
> software? Who knows, we might very well lose some.

Man, it was getting late! You know how dark you envision reality when
it's late...

Of course, the boys will keep on working for Open Source! They'll work
for The Machine. Google, ChromeOS, Android! Making a fortune with
popular apps. Waiting to join The Organization.

And that's the nicest future Linux could dream of, you know, being
incarnated in The Company That Does No Evil.

When other companies wake up in the morning their employees ask
themselves: "What evil are we going to do today?" No so at Google's.
They only follow the plan.

And the plan is having everybody on the plan-et with nice little next
to no CPU cheap computers connecting to The Machine. Wonderful plan.

This is going to work. Whereas Linux has to fight to be installed on
maybe .01% of the hardware, manufacturers flock to get Android.

I can almost hear new employees being greeted with a song:

Welcome my son, welcome to The Machine.
Where have you been?
It's alright we know where you've been.
You've been in the pipeline, filling in time