ogm video

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 20:11:21 UTC 2010

Hi Marko,

A small correction. ;)

On Monday 29 March 2010 12:48 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> Third, it seems that you are running 64bit arch, which might present itself as
> a tad little problem, since the .dll file is 32bit and will not work in your
> environment. What you need to do is to

I think this is unnecesary. to run 32 bit codecs on a 64 bit machine
putiing them in /usr/lib/codecs should be enough. Similarly the 64 bit
codecs go into /usr/lib64/codecs

> $ ls /usr/lib/codecs/ |grep -cE 'dll|so'
> 82
> $ ls /usr/lib64/codecs/ |grep -cE 'dll|so'
> 3

I can't play and test right now as I am at my university, but I have
played many proprietary formats before without any problems. (I had a
problem only once with one particular wmv file)

> Best, :-)
> Marko
>
> P.S. Please keep the users at lists.fedoraproject.org in the To: field of your
> replies, so others can see them also.

I think this is because sometimes in your replies you cc the sender of
the message you are replying to. I think the OP has been inadvertently
replying by just "Reply" rather than "Reply All" or "Reply to list". ;)

--
Suvayu