Correct instructions for installing NVidia proprietary driver on Fedora 13?

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Mon May 31 09:03:12 UTC 2010

To the end of the kernel line in grub I remove the "rhgb quiet" and add:

nomodeset rdblacklist=nouveau

Then (after adding the rpmfusion-free and non-free repos) I run:

# yum -y install akmod-nvidia kmod-nvidia

And finally reboot. After I get into X I run:

# nvidia-settings

This lets me set my resolution and second monitor options.

--
Chris Kloiber