chroot named issues on Fedora 13?

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Thu Nov 4 16:43:01 UTC 2010

Has anybody seen a problem where, upon startup, the /var/named/chroot/var/run/named/named.pid file doesn't get updated with the new
pid?  They do a check in the init.d/named script to see if the file exists but not that the pid has been updated correctly in the
file.  I've resorted to changing the script to remove the file on stop so it gets recreated on every start (since it's not getting
updated correctly).  I also can't get rndc to work correctly (i've created new keys, etc.; no joy).

Thoughts?

Kevin