I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Nov 4 21:50:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:21:14 -0400
David Liguori wrote:

> I know that there are tools out there for building packages from source
> code, and I wouldn't think you necessarily have to be an "uber-geek
> programmer" to use them.  You may not even have to write a single line
> of code.

In fact, all you really have to do is to download the openoffice.org binaries
from the Oracle website and install them on your computer.  They offer both
i386 and x86_64 versions and they are already packed as rpms that will install
directly on Fedora (and Centos).

Remove the Fedora openoffice.org rpms from your Fedora installation before
installing the Oracle rpms.

Add the following line to /etc/yum.conf to avoid any conflicts:

exclude=openoffice* ooobasis*