I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Fri Nov 5 10:28:18 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 04.11.2010, 10:08 -0700 schrieb Joe Zeff:
> The point isn't that you can make the OO.org version work in Fedora but
> that you shouldn't have to.  Just because they decided to make
> LiberOffice the default is no reason to remove OpenOffice from the
> repos.

> You're supposed to have a choice.

Just as a gentle reminder: That's one side of the coin, the other is:
You're supposed to contribute.

In order to have a choice regarding OpenOffice / LibreOffice you depend
on an active group of people who are willing (and capable) to do the
work.

If OpenOffice does offer interesting and needed features over
LibreOffice in the future I bet there will be such a group and
OpenOffice will come back to Fedora or RPMFusion. On the other hand, if
LibreOffice will attract a large base of developers as well as sponsors
OpenOffice might share its fortune with XFree86 and you really will not
interested to use it anymore.

That's the way OSS works.

Peter