(F13, KDE) ugly, grey system tray icons after update

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 9 15:19:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 05:55 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> The thing that kills me about icons all the time is
> the reason they exist at all. The theory is that the
> human brain does visual recognition better than text
> recognition, so the familiar icons improve recognition
> time and the usability of the interface.

I find that you're always having to learn what an icon stands for,
because so few of them are immediately obvious.  And, then, you tend to
be clicking on the third one over, out of habit, more so than looking
for where the icon (that you want) happens to be.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.