F14: what replaces s-c-d?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 02:20:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:25:23 +1030
Tim wrote:

> Surely, one of these days, someone's going to create a KVM that clones
> the details of the monitor's EDID to all the computer monitor ports?

Well, mine as least does correct pass through of the EDID requests
if the monitor happens to be connected when you boot.

I also noticed the radeon driver now has a option to specify
the EDID info it should believe it got, but that seems to be
too late now with kernel mode setting. Seems like it should be
a kernel boot parameter (which I've heard rumors of, but never
seen docs for).