Failure of compiling mplayer (SOLVED)

Abu Attar Musharih abuattar.musharih at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 14:03:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I compiled mplayer successfully on Fedora 14, but did not get any video.  Then I recompiled after
> # yum groupinstall "X Software Development"
> and following the guide
>
> http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mplayer-fedora.html
>
> Try that and report back.
> As for alsa, it should be installed by default.  You need not worry about it, unless you really don't have any sound other than from mplayer?

I follow your suggestion and successfully installed the mplayer. Now,
the alsa driver is accessible as indicated by the following command
# mplayer -ao help
	oss	OSS/ioctl audio output
	alsa	ALSA-0.9.x-1.x audio output
	sdl	SDLlib audio output
	mpegpes	DVB audio output
	v4l2	V4L2 MPEG Audio Decoder output
	null	Null audio output
	pcm	RAW PCM/WAVE file writer audio output

# mplayer videofile ---> succefully shows video with sound.
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Abu Attar