Some questions

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:54:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

For your sound maybe I could give you an solution.

create an file called alsa-base.conf

fill this text file with an single line:

' options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1'

Without quotes.  After you have saved, place this to /etc/modprobe.d folder,
and restart you machine.
That hopefully will fix the error.

Cheers,

Zoltan

2010/11/18 jarmo <oh1mrr at nic.fi>

> Hi
>
> Installed F14 into Toshiba Satellite L40-157 laptop.
> Installation went smoothly, started wihout any hickups.
>
> But...
>
> Using KDE and chosen digital clock, it shows HH:32 forinstance. Ie.
> it does nor show hours? Where I can get hours to be shown.
>
> It seems also, that system-config-display has left away from F14,
> now where I can configure display. In systemsettings there is
> "display" but it does not tell me, what card to use or what display
> to use. Card is according lspci Intel GM965/GL960 family. There is
> too little choises to set resolution in systemsettings, so help is
> needed. At the moment 1200x800.
>
> Also sound problems. Lspci shows Intel 82801H iC8H family.
> Output is ok, but MIC is not shown in any mixer??? Ie no
> inputdevices shown?? Driver or ????
> My desktop machine 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation
> N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01) works
> fine.
>
> So, fresh install, all updates installed.
>
> Any quess?
>
> Jarmo
> --

PGP:  06853DF7