Sound card does not work

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs986 at att.net
Sun Nov 21 13:34:00 UTC 2010

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 20:54:59 +1100
Roger <arelem at bigpond.com> wrote:

>>> snip

> On another subject, I note that system-config-printer in Fedora 14
> circa 2010 does not know that printers come in USB versions, it still
> provides lpt, serial, other and network and no way to set up a usb
> printer. Fedora's been like this since 2001.

Yeah, it does. I have an HP OJ Pro 8000 with a USB connection, it works
just fine in Fedora 14. As it had in Fedora 13. And Fusion 14. And
Debian and Mint 10 and PCLOS. I don't recall whether I had to get the
HP drivers and utilities from the various repositories or whether they
came with the installation disks... probably some of each.

-- cmg