Automate tweaking??

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 09:49:20 UTC 2010

On 21 November 2010 20:40, Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:
>        Surely there must be some way to tell Fedora to take note of what
> I have, where I put it, and how I use it, then put it all into a file I
> can copy to a USB stick or some such medium -- so that once the install
> completes, I can give the stick and say "Here; go."

PackageKit and gnome-packagekit support catalogs that allow you to
double click on one file and install a long list of software. See here
for a pretty complicated example:
http://gitorious.org/packagekit/packagekit/blobs/master/contrib/PackageKit.catalog

I use a catalog called install-all-my-stuff.catalog after each fresh
distro install.

Richard.