Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:45:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 07:49 -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 06:29 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 02:12 -0800, Globe Trotter wrote:
> >> http://la-felce.it/index808.php
> >>

> > Isn't it time to ban this idiot?
> >
> > poc
> >
> The problem here is that the user's yahoo password has been hacked. I
> have seen this exact same thing with other yahoo, gmail and aol
> addresses.  The user needs to change his/her yahoo password to clear
> this up.

If the user is a genuine member of the list, by now they should have
noticed the crap being sent in their name and done something about it.

If they aren't, why do we care about banning them?

Even if they are genuine and for some reason haven't noticed the
problem, banning them only means they'll get a reject from Mailman,
whereupon they have the opportunity of appealing to the list admin.

poc