Update failes

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 18:49:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, mike cloaked wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Patrick Dupre <pd520 at york.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> Wrong distribution then.
>>
>> !!!!!!
>> I am making updates since REDHAT 4.0 !!!!!!!!!!
>> Should I change !!!!!!!!!!!
>>
> It is entirely up  to you but the best advice I can offer is to listen
> to what the very experienced Fedora users suggest what you should and
> what you should not do! Ignoring the voice of experience is unwise!

I am perfectly happy with that.

The story is:
I tried to update 1 system from fedora 10 to 13, it failed before
it even starts the update!
1) I tried 3 times.
2) I will have to do it one or 2 more times
3) I already had a similar problem when I update this system to fedora 10
4) I posted the output of anaconda like it is suggested by the
installation
5) I did expected that somebody would have a look on this file
and give me some feedback.
6) Accordingly, I will see what to do.
7) I do not see the point now in trying to make 10 -> 11, 11 -> 12, 12 ->
13 and face the same problems every times if it can solve more
efficiently.
8) I could help more that one person in maintaining fedora system.
9) Does my way of trying to make progress wrong ?

Regards.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |