[OT Humor] xxxx Now Gnome Shell is ...

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Apr 1 21:00:18 UTC 2011

> >From what I've heard about wayland it is 100% open GL and
> has abandoned ordinary X. That isn't going to be very useful
> at all for folks who do most of their work talking
> to remote X servers since remote GL stands no chance
> of being anything other than a total slug.

Remote GL does not need to be a slug but Wayland doesn't try to address
that problem anyway. Wayland is just a glorified compositing engine with
some very clever design so it spends its time compositing not copying
crap around.

There are lots of ways clients may approach remoteness - including using
X protocol

Alan