QR code login through GDM?

Patrick Kobly patrick at kobly.com
Sat Apr 2 20:28:58 UTC 2011

Just seems like a solution chasing a problem.  For identification, sure a qr code might be ok... But then a username is ok for that purpose too.  For authentication, though, it's generally inappropriate to use an easily duplicatable, static factor that has to be exposed during authentication (and potentially at other times).

Let requirements drive tech. Don't let tech drive requirements.

PK