internet connection fails

Tim ignored_mailbox at
Sun Apr 3 07:20:41 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 13:18 -0700, Randolph Jones wrote:
> fc14 live cd installed on hd
> net is dhcp; networkmanager sets nameserver
> as dhcp provider.
> occasionally cant find google.
> adding isp nameservers to resolv.conf fixes this.
> unfortunately, NM steps on this and rewrites resolv.conf
> before shutdown.
> how do I get the isp nameserver in the system permanently?

The true solution is to configure your DHCP+DNS server to work properly.
Either fixing its DNS server issue, or telling your DHCP server to
provide the clients with a different DNS server address that works.
It's the problem, so it's got to be in your solution.

[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r

read messages from the public lists.