native texlive and yum

Walter Cazzola cazzola at dico.unimi.it
Wed Apr 6 16:39:00 UTC 2011

Dear Fedora Experts,
after a little work-out and a big help from people in comp.text.te  and
others on this group I solved the issue and wrote down a rpm spec for a
fake texlive rpm that fools the yum system.

Since I think this is can help someone else I'll attach to this message
the .spec file that you can use to recreate the fake rpm. To do this you
need the rpmdevtools installed and do the following:

   1. rpmdev-setuptree (as a normal user)
      to create the necessary ~/rpmbuild tree
   2. rpmbuild -bb --clean texlive2010-fake.spec
      to create the rpm file
   3. yum install --nogpgcheck texlive2010-fake-1.0-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm
      to really install the rpm

>From this point on you can install all the packages you need without
worrying about satisfying the tex dependencies.

I HTH

Walter