Can't resume from hibernate with FC14

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:02:36 UTC 2011

On 04/13/2011 02:41 PM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Eric B. wrote:
>
>> I have no idea what
>> those error messages mean.  I am extremely frustrated, and it is
>> becoming increasingly difficult to work with a laptop that I cannot
>> hibernate as I take it back and forth to the office every day.
>
> I had a similar problem and have not tried to hibernate for a long time. It now
> (F15) works perfectly on my desktop, so I hope that it does on the laptop, too.
>
> As a workaround, and it works fine, as I have been doing it for a years, simply
> power down the laptop and when you get to your destination, turn it back on
> again.

I'm sorry - F15 meaning Fedora 15?  I thought Fedora was up to rev 14; I
can't find the F15 release anywhere.

As for the "workaround", I agree; that's what I'm doing right now.
Every night I shut down, go home and power back up at home.  Then at
home, I shut down, come back to the office and boot back up.  But it is
very frustrating as there is no way to persist my desktop state and have
to waste time each time booting up and recreating my environment.

Hence the desperate need / desire to figure out how to get hibernation
working with this graphics card.  I am assuming it is the graphics card
that is the culprit; the live CD is able to suspend and come back
without problems - something I can't do with my installation.  However,
of course, the live install uses the nvidia-nouveau package which causes
a lot of graphical artifacts on the screen.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly apprecaited!

Thanks,

Eric