How to access my BlackBerry

Don Krause dkrause at
Wed Apr 13 22:46:33 UTC 2011

On Apr 13, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Mike Fleetwood wrote:

> On 13 April 2011 21:26, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 20:17 +0100, Mike Fleetwood wrote:
>>> Sdb is where my BlackBerry is attached, but it doesn't seem to work.
>>> [root at edge ~]# fdisk -l /dev/sdb
>>> [root at edge ~]# mount /dev/sdb /mnt/0
>>> mount: no medium found on /dev/sdb
>>> [root at edge ~]# dd if=/dev/sdb of=/tmp/bb count=1
>>> dd: opening `/dev/sdb': No medium found
>> /dev/sdb is the device, /dev/sdb1 is the first partition. You need to
>> mount the partition, not the device.
> But fdisk -l /dev/sdb produced not output and dd & mount said No medium found.
> There aren't any partitions devices to mount.
> [root at edge ~]# ls -l /dev/sdb*
> brw-rw----. 1 root disk 8, 16 Apr 13 22:43 /dev/sdb
> [root at edge ~]# mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/0
> mount: special device /dev/sdb1 does not exist
> Mike

Just throwing this out there, ignore if it's irrelevant..

On my old BB Storm 1, I had to turn on "Mass Storage" or "Use as USB Storage" or some such option in settings before it would appear as a drive on my linux box.

I no longer have that unit (thank god) so I'm not sure of the exact location.

Have you looked through your options/settings on the device?

Take care.
Don Krause