Where to find a binary for wl-kmod for current fedora 14

james tate binarynut at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 19:14:26 UTC 2011

On 04/15/2011 02:42 PM, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>      >>  That's too late. Since it's a notebook, I re-boot it nearly every
>      >>  time I want to use it. So when it re-boots, there will be no
>      >>  functioning network in such a situation.
>      >>
>      james>  I assume you do have the rpmfusion.rpms installed ?
>      >>
>      >>  I assume so too. I haven't checked recently.
>
>      james>  Does your ethernet eth0 (wired connection) connect after
>      james>  booting ?
>
>      james>  The kmod-wl is a wireless adapter driver and comes from
>      james>  rpmfusion.org after you install the: Run command in terminal
>      james>  as user below. That is if your ethernet eth0 connection is
>      james>  connecting.
>
> There is no wired connection. If there were I wouldn't have a problem.
>
> eth0 is the wireless.
This is the first time I have ever heard of a laptop without a ethernet
(wired connection)

Then the only way you have left is to use another computer with a USB
stick to get the kmod-wl and it's dependencies
from http://rpmfusion.org to install the driver.

Any other way your looking at a Dependency Hell.