Upgrade Fedora 6 to 14 (remotely)

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 15 21:05:46 UTC 2011

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:38:43 -0400
Dante Conti wrote:

> I know that Fedora 6 is very old (and
> no longer supported), but -- amazingly -- this is what the hosting
> provider just installed on the server.

I know how you feel.  I just upgraded my movie theatre to digital cinema from
35mm film and the cinema server (the gadget that you load the movie into) runs
on Fedora Core 5.  The literature said that it was "linux-based" but you can
imagine my surprise when I first saw it booting up and it said "Fedora Core
5".

Oh well.  It works well so far and it's not hooked up to any outside network so
what it runs on is pretty much irrelevant as long as it does the job.