No subject

updog updog_101 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 20:27:09 UTC 2011

--- On Sat, 4/16/11, James Wilkinson <fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk> wrote:

> OK – that’s a desktop environment thing. (Which desktop
> environment,
> anyway?)

X with a lightweight wm, but the console's affected just the same.

> As soon as you make
> HDA available,
> it will use that.

I haven't seen a beep once HDA's loaded, and mixer and beep_mode don't seem to matter.

> You might also want to check you have pulseaudio-module-x11
> installed.

It is, but the problem's not limited to X.

> James (who is somewhat handicapped – in this case! – by not having any
> hardware with a PC speaker any more).

I have some fresh doubts the unit in question actually has a piezoelectric buzzer, however the BIOS is certainly capable of emitting beeps and these are effectively mimicked with pcspkr.