general linux windows in same box question

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:40:48 UTC 2011

On 04/19/11 21:11, fhdata at unm.edu wrote:
> hello,
>
> situation:
>
> box has 2 physical drives.
> one  physical  drive is windows 7.
> Other one is unused/blank.
> I have no intention to implement  "dual boot."
> When I do F12 I see all my boot devices (2 disks
> and 1 optical drive ,etc)
>

> question:
>
> if I install linux (fedora) and use 2nd disk for it,
> will the process (of installing fedora on 2nd disk)
> in any way , form or shape, effect first disk?
>

> thanks,
> f-

NOT if you do not let it during the install process.
Anaconda will let you specify where to install grub.
Assuming your end disk is seen by Anaconda as /dev/sdb
then one of the final stages of Anacond will ask you
where you want grub to be installed. Be sure to select
/dev/sdb.
So, when you press F12, you will be able to boot from
2nd disk.

Good luck.