Anyone using a USB wireless dongle as access point on fedora?

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 21:07:25 UTC 2011

On 04/24/11 13:44, Tom Horsley wrote:
> Everything I read tells me this may be possible with
> hostapd (which I see is in the repos), but that you have
> to have a wireless dongle that supports it, so I'm
> hoping some folks have actual examples of working
> product model numbers :-).
>
> (I'm hoping I can provide a wi-fi connection for my
> phone from my desktop at work).
Be sure to set your desktop to enable ip forwarding,
and if you have a firewall enabled on y our desktop,
be sure to add a rule to allow packets to/from your USB
interface. Also, your main interface should NAT packets
from your USB interface, otherwise, your will not be
able to connect your phone to the public net.