F15: weird files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Aug 6 09:07:36 UTC 2011

On 08/06/2011 03:46 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> 1. My board, ASROCK ConRoe1333-DVI/H, has no WiFi :-)
> 2. I never inserted a WLAN stick

Yet, clearly, the files are related to a WLAN.

So, I suppose you could continue to determine how the files got
there...maybe check the date stamps?  Maybe somehow they got there when
someone other than yourself had access to the machine?  Maybe you were
fooling around one evening after several beers?  :-) :-)

I don't know if anyone can come up with a valid explanation as to how
the files got there...when the system is under your control....  But
with the names of Auto_abc and Auto_linksys I "may" be suspicious that
someone was trying to drop in some default configurations with a view to
later access.

Yet Occam's Razor would find that unlikely.  :-)

At this point, I would be getting ready to delete them and chalk it up
to sunspots.  :-)

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow