Gnome 3.2 - eh what! --- Top Posting?

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Dec 4 14:35:50 UTC 2011

> It seems tablets are mainly portrait and monitors are landscape, maybe
> this is why the devs put the icons down the side, gotta be some reason.
> There's room for both. I couldn't do blender, Inkscape, Scribus or
> Drupal on a tablet, touch screen or not.

Most tablets orient either way, even the ones running Linux or Windows.
It's also a bit of an artificial divide given many PC class tablets will
hotplug happily into an external display and provide full 1080p in either
orientation.

It's also getting closer to the point a microprojector will fit into
phone or tablet - now that will have fun opportunities !

Alan