gnome 3

Chad Kellerman sunckell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 16:31:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 15:18:59 +0000,
>  Patrick Dupre <patrick.dupre at york.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As many user probably, I prefer the version of gnome 2.x (like the
> > one running with fedora 14) to gnome 3. Is there any option to keep
> > the previous version of gnome runing with the more recent versions of
> > fedora?
>
> You can force fallback mode which will work pretty similar to how things
> worked in gnome 2.
> --

Or you can try different Extensions to get your desired gnome 2 "feel"

https://extensions.gnome.org/

You may not be able to get it exact.  But you can get it close.  There are
other extensions, developed by other distros, that get that gnome 2 feel as
well.

You can find those here:

https://github.com/linuxmint/MGSE

--
A grasshopper walks into a bar and the bartender says "Hey, we have a drink
named after you." And the grasshopper says "Really, You have a drink named