Writing a book w/F16?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 22:04:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 21:22:15 +0100, NOSpaze wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I need to know what software f16 includes to aid in the task of writing
> a book (not just spelling and TOC). libreoffice I'm using, but is too
> slow and unappropriate when working with lots of text. Please dont'
> advise to change OS, I'm a sysadmin and need fedora on all my laptops.

	My wife has written three under Fedora, the first with abiword,
and the others with openoffice. The secret with the latter (which, as the
nearest thing she has to tech support, I advised against for the first)
is that it is modular.

	You can get into PackageKit, go through a list of the modules,
and make sure the ones you can count on never using are all uninstalled.
Modularity speeds Oo up, and my impression has been that uninstalling
unused stuff speeds it some more.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User