fedora equivalent of recovery disk ... additional question

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 12 06:46:33 UTC 2011

On 12/11/2011 10:29 PM, g wrote:
> On 12/12/2011 06:27 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
>> On 12/11/2011 10:24 PM, g wrote:
>>> *oops*
>>>
>> Appreciate the catch on the typo
> lol.
>
> welcome.

G:

I went through the clonezilla page and liked what I saw until I hit:

+++
Recovery Clonezilla live with multiple CDs or DVDs is not implemented
yet. Now all the files have to be in one CD or DVD if you choose to
create the recovery iso file.
+++

This almost insists that I get a stick that has enough room and not a
CD/DVD. I could live with that except I don't like an emergency backup
being on volatile memory.

My issue on size has to do with having a large 3rd party beta program
installed which I would prefer to not have to re-install. I know I can
get around it by making a DVD of the bulk of the material and adding
that back on after copying the one DVD, but I am willing to bet I will
make a mess of it. I could download again from 3rd party site, but I've
modified headers as part of testing and that's just more stuff to have
to redo.

Suggestions? ... or is this just something I have to live with

Thanks in advance,
Paul