fedora equivalent of recovery disk ... additional question

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Tue Dec 13 13:42:32 UTC 2011

Paul Allen Newell wrote:

> Given that all I want is to make an image of the current hard drive
> that I can copy back onto the hard drive as a "recovery",

Paul,

My advice is to keep it simple.  Burn the Clonezilla Live¹ ISO to a
CD/DVD and use it to save an image of the current hard drive to the
USB drive.  Step-by-step directions for saving and restoring the
image² are provided.

I've been following this thread and you're getting a lot of good
advice, but simplicity and reliability are key when dealing with
backups.  In my opinion, Clonezilla Live is very easy to use and it
will "just work" for your task.

¹ Clonezilla live: http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live.php
² Clonezilla - Live Doc: http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live-doc.php

Regards,