fedora equivalent of recovery disk ... additional question

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 14 00:00:32 UTC 2011

On 12/13/2011 5:42 AM, Matthew J. Roth wrote:

> Paul,
>
> My advice is to keep it simple.  Burn the Clonezilla Live¹ ISO to a
> CD/DVD and use it to save an image of the current hard drive to the
> USB drive.  Step-by-step directions for saving and restoring the
> image² are provided.
>
> I've been following this thread and you're getting a lot of good
> advice, but simplicity and reliability are key when dealing with
> backups.  In my opinion, Clonezilla Live is very easy to use and it
> will "just work" for your task.
>
> ¹ Clonezilla live: http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live.php
> ² Clonezilla - Live Doc: http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live-doc.php
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthew Roth
> InterMedia Marketing Solutions
> Software Engineer and Systems Developer

Matthew:

Thanks ... my postings should indicate that I really like simple and
your suggestion is the one I am currently considering. I want to check
out G4L now that I have better doc material, but if Clonezilla is as
easy as most people say I am still leaning to it.

Yes, there has been alot of good advice and I really appreciate all the
suggestions and options. I like it when posts to this list prove this
fruitful

Paul