Big email mess ! How do I clean it up ? (Evolution, Thunderbird, maildir, mbox)

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at
Thu Dec 15 13:24:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 23:56 -0700, linux guy wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Scott Doty <scott at> wrote:
> > And if that doesn't work, you could just use mutt -- it will read the
> > maildirs and can save them as mboxes. :)
> Where does the "new" evolution keep them ?

The default for local mail is maildirs. It used to be mboxes. You don't
say what version of Evolution you're using. Earlier versions had some
maildir support but it may have been buggy.