Screensaver takes too much time to fade-out...

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Thu Dec 15 15:32:42 UTC 2011

Jake Shipton wrote:
 > [snip]

Some of your advice is good, but some of it is not. Even though your
reply was to a known troll of this list, I'd like to respond to some of
your comments.

> Ensure when setting up your system you do not use the same password
> twice, or the same password you use anywhere else. Each password should
> be unique and should consist of Upper and Lower case letters, Numbers
> and Symbols (For example: MyPa55W0rd&2012&2011).

The password "this-is-fun" is just as secure as your example.
http://vivekgirotra.com/why-the-password-this-is-fun-is-10-times-more

> [snip]
> Now you should set up your firewall
> [snip]
> Switch to ICMP Filter, and tick the following:
>
> - Echo Reply

Disabling ping on a workstation that is guaranteed to be behind a router
is pointless. Even if the workstation was directly connected to the
internet disabling ping is pointless. It will only make future
troubleshooting of network issues more difficult. Your internet presence
is not hidden by disabling ping.