[RESOLVED] Re: Recovering Journal - How Long?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 00:46:09 UTC 2011

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:45:18 -0800
Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> The key here is, dead chickens/popes cannot breathe
> life into the drive because it (chicken/pope) is dead,
> but don't take my word for it, do your own homework
> and at your own risk.

Actually, I've seen a desperation move work: Put the drive
in the freezer for a few hours - it just might work long
enough while at low temperature to get some critical files
off it (this has really worked at least once or twice
that I know of).

And what the heck, if it doesn't work, you aren't any worse
off anyway.