Fedora vs openSUSE

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Dec 21 01:05:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 18:31 +0000, g wrote:

> i am red hat/fedora/sl oriented because i do not mind putting out
> effort to administer them to keep them running.
----
???
----

> fedora is truly not for someone who is oos minded.
----
possibly - but just out of curiosity, do you have any installed from or
have enabled rpmfusion-nonfree repo?
----

> suse/ubuntu are for simple oos minded users.
----
I think he asked about openSuSE which is a bit different and to be
honest, I have never used openSuSE and it's been years since I used SuSE
but saying that Ubuntu is for simple oos minded users is a
characterization that I just don't agree with. It's just a different
Linux distribution and seems reasonably easy to work with - like any
Fedora/Red Hat derived system.
----

> in other words, if you have to keep asking about the two and do not
> realize differance yet, go with suse/ubuntu or stay with oos.
----
The real truth is that it's stupid to accept other people's
characterizations of one distribution over another since everyone looks
for different things and only through first hand experience can one
actually know.

Craig

believed to be clean.