ipv6

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 22 07:00:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 18:40 +0000, nullv at gmx.com wrote:
> Loads of options in IPv6 tunnelling: tunnelbroker.net (hurricane
> electric), sixxs.net, ...
> You get your own ::/64 global subnet (or ::/48 if you prefer).
> Basically anyone can get a global v6 address. Even with a dynamic IPv4
> address.

Unless you're needing to access some IPv6-only resource, there's little
point in playing with tunnels.  At this moment, virtually everything has
an IPv4 address.  And there's plenty of things which will be IPv4-only,
for a long time to come.

You would need a completely external tunnel if your modem/router/ISP
doesn't support IPv6.  Which, is my case (none of those paths support
it), making it not worth the effort to even bother with it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.