Buy an SSD now, or wait?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Dec 23 11:25:23 UTC 2011

On 12/23/2011 11:16 AM, Michael Leung wrote:

> But now SSD is a kind of luxury for myself. I think when SSD drops to
> the level you don't think that is a  luxury  goods, then that is a time
> to buy.

Well, this certainly applies if consider SSDs as replacements for big,
100s of GB-sized, HDDs".

  It you treat them as "system disks" (hosting the OS) in addition to
("big") "data disks" (hosting mostly static data), things look
different. A 64GB or a 128GB SSD usually is way more than sufficent this
purpose.

I would assume these to be affordable to most people around here.

Ralf