Sound not working

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Dec 25 08:41:06 UTC 2011

On 12/25/2011 04:33 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Could you provide the output of "lsmod | grep snd"?
>
> FWIW, I believe (after a tiny bit of googling) that the module
> snd-hda-intel.ko is used for that hardware.

Oh, also you should check "lspci -v" to see if it reports any modules
inuse for the device.

I've got Intel and it looks like so....

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
High Definition Audio (rev 05)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 2a90
        Memory at f7ff8000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [70] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel
        Capabilities: [130] Root Complex Link
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless