Verify nouveau issue

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Dec 27 08:23:14 UTC 2011

I only have one system with nVidia display hardware.  Currently running
F16 and nouveau since I've not yet gotten the courage to install the
nVidia drivers.  :-)

I'm looking for someone running F16 with the nVidia drivers and Google
Earth.  To verify the following...

If you go to 25 3.300 N, 121 33.257 E and under "More" in the Layers
section have the "Local Place Names" checked, you should see a red dot
and the word Songshan and beside it 松山區 in Traditional Chinese.

I believe that with the nVidia drivers the Chinese is displayed.  With
nouveau it isn't...at least not on my system.

Thanks....

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless