gnote vs Tomboy

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:51:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Well I can answer at least part of my own question. Although it is not
> clear why people are not interested in a note-taking program that can be
> synchronized over several machines.

Same reason why Firefox 4 betas have sync options built in.  People move
between machines but want to retain the same data.

One mystery of how to set up the tomboy synchronization server is still
> unknown to me. Since I have tomboy only on one machine, so far, the
> question is mute at present.
>
> If someone knows how to do this I would appreciate hearing from them.

GNOME.org wants to offer a sync server to enable users to do this.  At the
moment, one option is to run snowy on your own server.

http://live.gnome.org/Snowy

Rahul