apcupsd & Fedora 14

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 01:23:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

Is anyone here using apcupsd with Fedora 14? I just noticed the stock
apcupsd package is crippled.  It won't send the "killpower" signal to
the UPS (just had a power outage).

When I inspect /etc/init.d/hat, the only UPS-related logic there is:

# Shutdown UPS drivers
if [ "$command" = /sbin/halt ] && [ -f /etc/sysconfig/ups ]; then
        . /etc/sysconfig/ups
        if [ -z $POWERDOWNFLAG ]; then
                POWERDOWNFLAG=/etc/killpower
        fi
        if [ "$SERVER" = "yes" ] && [ -f $POWERDOWNFLAG ]; then
                /sbin/upsdrvctl shutdown
        fi
fi

These files (/etc/sysconfig/ups & /etc/killpower) are not related at all
to apcupsd.  Also, when I check what package provides /sbin/upsdrvctl I
get the "nut" package.  I'm not using nut and I also disabled the
power-manager on Gnome.

I verified the apcupsd package for scriplets (to see if it would modify
/etc/init.d/halt according to apcupsd) but it won't.  Am I missing
something? If not I'll open a bugzilla then.

Thanks,
Jorge