Installing F15 without any active network?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 4 21:06:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 21:51 +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 9:48 PM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Something is really wrong. Using the standard Fedora 15 DVD there is no
> >> option "Install new system". Check the Fedora 15 Installation Guide and
> >> you will see that this is true. Your DVD is not the standard one so who
> >> knows what the installer does.
> >
> > Errm - if you have a look at the page
> > http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Installation_Guide/sn-boot-menu-x86.html
> > You will see that the first item at the top of the screen is the
> > option "Install a new system or upgrade an existing system" !
>
> Perhaps Aaron you were thinking of the liveDVD?
>
> --
> mike c

We are going around in circles. My question to you was did you use the
"Install a new system or upgrade an existing system" option?

You responded:
"Install new system was the option - if you go from there you don't
reach any repo definition options in the steps until you hit this
problem immediately after trying to click to move on from the
bootloader section."

So now we hear you did use the option I asked you about.

You wanted to know if any one ignored the set network option that
appears after the you set the host name. I said I did not set up the
network at that point and the installation continued. Did you set the
host name? Was it after that your installation crapped out?

Maybe if we knew exactly what selections you made from the menus after
you choose the boot option you chose we could have more of an idea what
went wrong.
Misfortune, n.: The kind of fortune that never misses. -- Ambrose
Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net