Name resolution

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Jul 5 20:28:07 UTC 2011

On 07/05/2011 11:31 AM, 夜神 岩男 wrote:
> DNS query history would be the single most potent addition to Google's
> profiling tags (as in naked profiling, on subjects who are not logged in
> to a Google service or accepting tracking cookies or other devices).

How do they keep track of people like me who have dynamic IP addresses?
  And, for that matter, I'm house sitting right now over fifty miles
from home using a friend's connection.  How can they tell that my DNS
queries are mine, not his?  (Not that I use Google's DNS, but the
question's still valid in the general case.)