How to enable CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jul 6 13:52:03 UTC 2011

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>yeah and sometimes X is buggy and hangs with consuming 100% CPU
>while every mouse-click will be registrated many seconds later
>and you are unable to logout properly
>
>in this state CTRL+ALT+F2 does not work even
>
>so if CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE would be active as all the years before
>you could use this and 20-40 seconds later you get a login-screen
>instead shutdown with ACPI-Power-Down

I suppose I'm just one of the lucky ones that have rarely needed this feature in the past several years.  When I've had this situation recently, due to bad nvidia driver, I just ssh'd in and did what needed to be done. No shut down was needed. But I could see the desire to be expeditious.

--
Sent from my Android tablet with K-9 Mail.