jack audio kit

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 00:15:35 UTC 2011

On 20/07/11 09:45, Zoran Spasojevic wrote:
> Brendan, thanks for your suggestions.
> Unfortunately, none worked.
> But I made some progress today.
> I reinstalled pulseaudio and alsa-pulse-plugin, uncommented
> the line
> //#load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0//
> in//  /etc/pulse/default.pa//
> and I got sound on firefox/flash.
> The trouble began when I tried to play video with one of the video players.
> Xine crashed on start. Vlc played video but I got no sound.
> I think pulseaudio got killed and I can not restart it any more.
> When I try to restart pulseaudio this is what I get:
> $ pulseaudio --start
> E: main.c: Daemon startup failed.
>
> Even when the sounfd in firefox worked I still got
> the warning message below on boot.
I think its because pulse replaces the sound card devices with a
pulsaudio device as specified in /etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf
> Any further suggestions?
> Thanks in advance!

pulseaudio -k; pulseaudio -vv

will kill pulse and run it in the foreground. Check the right sink is
selected in kmix

If you can't get t working file a pulseaudio bug in bugzilla and I'll
assign it to myself. Reply with the link. Leave /etc/pulse/default.pa as
it was installed.

Attach as much as you can from the links I posted. ie.
  - output of alsa-info
  - output of pulseaudio -k; pulseaudio -vv
  - sudo egrep 'jack|alsa|pulse' /var/log/yum.log

You can check vlc output option in Tools -> Options. There are some
other things you can try listed here whihc hare KDE specific:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KDE_PulseAudio_Integration

After that we can look at getting jack working.

regards,

Brendan