Four Tweaks for Gnome 3

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Jun 2 00:10:59 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 07:54 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> For some users that still want to give Gnome 3.0 a chance, I found a site which explains ways to get some of the things that they liked in prior Gnome releases.  Please check it out and see if they are beneficial
>
> http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2011/06/howto-four-tweaks-to-bring-back-missing-functionality-in-gnome-30.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss
>
> Some folks have written nice tweaks and get some of the functionality back.  I hope that this message is not offensive to anyone and is taken in good terms.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

Personally, I remembered how I rebelled again the Enlightenment -> Gnome
transition back in the RH7.3 -> 8 days, and thought that I'd give the
new gnome a fair shake. The trick is to set aside frustration caused by
losing familiarity.

With that in mind, I'm quickly coming to like Gnome 3. It has wrinkles,
but it is also a 3.0 release. I think it has a lot of promise, and I
think people will come to like it as they get used to it. :)

Thanks for the links!

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."