Flash plugin stalls Firefox in Fedora 15

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Jun 10 02:09:10 UTC 2011

Christian Kreibich writes:

> I've upgraded a 64-bit test box from F14 to F15, and am not impressed.
> For starters, the 32-bit Flash plugin no longer works in Firefox. Most
> pages using it stall the browser for 10-15 seconds, then I get a
> black/grey rectangle. I've followed the instructions
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash to no avail, and I see no mentioning
> of this problem on the page. Others? Pointers?

The 64 bit beta plugin works fine:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_square.html

You'll need Linus's patch to workaround the memcpy bug in the plugin. Search
the list archives/bugzilla.

The beta plugin most likely has unpatched holes, so it's a bit risky, but as
long as all you need Flash for is youboob, and other major sites, it should
be fine.