systemd discussion

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:13:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:39:38 +0000 (UTC)
JB wrote:

> There are people on test and user lists who are afraid to even touch F15 ...
> and the reasons are systemd, GNOME 3, etc. Things called "progress" ...

I rather like systemd, not because I feel like I'll ever be able to
understand it ("mind numbing complexity" is a phrase that comes to
mind :-), but because it really and truly does indeed boot the system
much much faster. Not small percentage benchmark faster, but big
human perceptible speed increases.

Of course, at the moment, some of that speed may be because it
isn't actually doing everything (like getting NFS filesystems mounted).