How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

Fred Erickson fredferickson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:15:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 10:27 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> > You probably have something set wrong on your end.  Double check the
> > server names, ports, and authentication.
>
> The question is what?
> The server names I cut and pasted.
> The port numbers are right.
> The options for authenticationn are password
> and things I'd never heard or read about.
>
> For the masochists, the data from which I am working is here:
> http://www.ndsu.edu/its/help/index/mobile_devices/configuration/

I haven't read the whole thread but it sounds like the OP is trying to
configure Evolution to send and receive mail on an account at ndsu.edu.
Looking at the information in the above link, it appears to be exactly
the same (except for SMTP port) as a GMail account.

My Evolution is 2.32.2 on F14. If you email me direct, I will send you
screen shots of my GMail configuration pages. That may be of some help.

Fred